Final Judging has taken place, and the results of the 2021 competition will be revealed on Friday, July 2!
Design Innovation in Plastics Award
Established in 1985, Design Innovation In Plastics is now the longest running student plastics design award in Europe. It is an opportunity for design students to make a name for themselves, but also for universities to raise their profile as institutes of excellence in this field.
Around 280 students from 20 universities register for the competition every year with many of these universities having now incorporated Design Innovation in Plastics into their coursework.
Organised by the Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining (IOM3) and the Worshipful Company of Horners, Design Innovation in Plastics is also sponsored and supported by market leaders in the fields of design and innovation.
Both IOM3 and the Worshipful Company of Horners play important roles in the field of education, and this award was set up to encourage plastics design innovation and best practice in our future product designers.
- To encourage students to recognise that plastics are a key design material of the 21st century.
- To maintain the continued growth of the UK plastics industry based on design innovation.
- To involve all sectors of the UK plastics industry in the education and the employment of young industrial designers.
- To raise the overall importance of innovative plastics design through media and professional awareness.
- To enable design students to have direct access to established UK plastics industry professionals for consultative and career discussions.